As you know, spinach is rich in nutrients that are beneficial for the health of the body. Vitamins A and C contained in it are antioxidants that can protect us from toxins and pollution. The iron in spinach also really helps the circulation of oxygen in the blood.
The most common and easy way to process spinach is to cook clear vegetables. However, if you or your little one have trouble eating vegetables, maybe you can try other spinach recipes. Keluarga
Mothers must also remember not to store spinach for too long, or to warm cooked spinach. In the book Yuk, Eat Spinach! 20 of Children’s Favorite Spinach Recipes, the authors Aprilia Fadjar and Pertiwi Arif Liasta Ginting, share tips for storing spinach. Kehidupan keluarga harmonis
To make the spinach more durable, weed the spinach and wash it with a salt solution, then rinse. Steam for 1-2 minutes. Once cool, put it in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer. In this way, spinach can last up to 10 months, you know, Mother.
Another way to store spinach so that it lasts is to wash the spinach thoroughly with running water. Then, put it in a plastic bag with holes and store it in the refrigerator. In this way, spinach can last for 2-3 days.
The nutritional content of spinach is relatively easily damaged due to the heating process. Try not to cook spinach too long, yes, Mother.
In addition, make it a habit to cook spinach in one meal and avoid repeated heating processes. In addition to reducing nutrition, repeated heating will trigger cancer carcinogenic substances and increase nitrite compounds. Keluarga Bahagia
There are various ways to process spinach, one of which is blanching. Blanching is a vegetable processing process, where immediately after putting the vegetables into boiling water, then stirred and then transferred to cold water/ice water.
Transferring it to cold water will stop the cooking process of the vegetables, so they remain brightly colored
Well, here are some choices of processed spinach menus that you can try at home. Ibu dan anak
- 1/2 bunch (200 grams) spinach, picked
- 2.5 cups/500 cc of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp corn flour, dissolved in a little water
- 3 tablespoons cream, can be replaced with powdered milk
- Cooking oil or butter to taste
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 scallion
- How to make:
- Chop the onions and garlic, chop the scallions.
- Blanch spinach. When you’re done, set it aside.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a little oil or butter.
- Add flour, stir until flour is cooked. Add a little at a time, then add the cream, mix well.
- Add the cornstarch solution, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Add pepper, nutmeg and salt. Turn it off, leave it for a while.
- In a lukewarm condition, blend all the ingredients. Serve with slices of toast.